for really outrageously great graphics
the name frogg was conceived after a really good bottle of pinotage and great linguini arrabiata with extra garlic and extra chillies at El Dente Restaurant in Waterkloof Heights, in 1997.
Tess Whitlie was born in Zambia and from an early age started displaying a talent in Art. She did part time courses in Commercial Art and soon landed a job in Silk screen design for Flame Lily Industries in Zimbabwe. She then worked as a Commercial Artist for Litho Art in Harare where she learned all aspects of the Print Industry. A job offer from Impact Advertising followed where she learned how to work under extreme pressure for a busy Ad Agency. In her mid twenties, she moved to South Africa with her husband and small baby. Not one to sit at home, she soon started freelancing for Liz Tur Textile Design during the day and attended fine art classes at the Technicon during the evenings, under the tutorship of Artist Tony Starke.
At 29, Tess went back to University full time to study Painting and qualified with a BA(FA) in Fine Art at the University of Pretoria. On purchasing an Apple Macintosh computer to execute digital artwork for a project for the University, Tess decided to use the computer for Graphic Design, and in order to market herself and her Graphic Design abilities, she created a website under the domain name Frogg.com. This resulted in a love of designing websites. Tess soon branched out to WordPress websites and has been designing in the WordPress platform ever since.
About Frogg Services
Frogg.com was born in 1997 when the internet was in its infancy in South Africa. It was originally a Graphic Design Studio, but after 8 years evolved into a web and graphic design studio. Tess has been building freelance websites since then for South African clients as well as International clientele, providing a complete all round service inclusive of branding, graphic design and website design.
WordPress experience includes:
- All WordPress Setup and Installation via Cpanel and FTP.
- Creation of beautiful sliders in Photoshop
- Creation of interactive animated banners
- Setup of RSS feeds as well as importing of feeds
- Setup of Google Analytics and listing the site with search engines.
- Creation of bespoke forms to make your site more interactive as well as getting information out of your customers via forms
- Setting up of WooCommerce shopping cart
- Creation of beautiful adverts for your sidebar
- Installing anti-hacking security on your website
- Setting up of your News/Blog section
- Maintaining and servicing the backend of your website if you do not have the time to do it.
Why use a Freelance?
- Deal with the designer directly to get the best results
- 24 hours a day availability and support via email and telephone
- Individual attention
- Cost – you get more for your money
- Performance – Your site goes live quicker
- Tess does not tie you up with long term contracts
- You always own your own domain name.